Senior Data Scientist
- Play a key role as part of our next generation analytics team. Apply expertise with advanced analytics and cloud computing technologies while working alongside our industry leading technologists and data scientists to solve large-scale, complex, and challenging problems for our clients.
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data.
- Provide analytic support to the data science team.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients.
- Work well within a fast-paced cross-functional environment with multiple teams including engineering, infrastructure/IT, client support, sales and business development.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning.
- Experience working with distributed systems, and strong understanding of technologies like Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
- Programming experience in one or more of the languages like Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems and SQL.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up environment with stellar team of fellow data analysts and programmers.
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge.
- Effective communicator capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization.
- Strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Full Time- based out of New York City
- Travel – less than 10%
Read Full Job Description