Senior Engineering Lead, Backend
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to opening two office locations every day.
The mission of Real Estate & Development Technology (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
- Actively partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Act as a systems designer, leading designs of major software components, systems, and features owned by the team.
- Represent a squad and be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise.
- Set and drive OKRs, and drive sprints for a squad given strategic or functional direction.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools and frameworks and methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Minimum 9+ years of experience building highly available critical systems
- Experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level
- Direct experience partnering with product management teams
- Proven experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Scala, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus)
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
Nice to Have
- Experience working with a people partner to lead a team of 5+
- Experience acting as an advocate for your team in the larger technology community
We are an elite team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
WeWork is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.