Senior Manager - Partnerships at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $4.3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $42 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
The Better Mortgage Partnership Marketing team is looking for a team member with a background in client relations and account/project management. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships Marketing, this role will serve as the lead point of contact for all committed partnerships with a focus on building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships while delivering solutions according to internal and external needs and objectives.
You will partner with cross functional teams including product, technology, creative, business strategy and strategy to grow the relationship and deliver solutions. This includes everything from a partner’s digital product experience to email/text and branded content. The ideal candidate is organized, loves to develop relationships and has the ability to thrive in a fast changing, scrappy, startup environment, while maintaining focus on broader strategic business objectives. Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all partner requests and develop a trusted advisor relationship with key internal and external stakeholders/executives.
- Track and report on various measures of partner performance and objectives, with particular focus on marketing initiatives/assets.
- Establish reporting formats and cadence with top partners in order to initiate optimization exercises and establish marketing update timelines
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Play a key role in developing long-lasting strategic relationships with executives at the partner organizations, driving transparent communication and long-term retention of the partnerships.
About You/the ideal candidate
- 5-7 years experience in customer experience/client services
- 1-2 years of project management experience
- 1-2 years of marketing experience
- You are an excellent communicator, and can collaborate effectively with stakeholders of varying seniority and wide ranging roles
- Knowledge of marketing channels a plus
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, with a focus on Excel
- Google Analytics knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, yearly cash bonus, equity and benefits. Additional employment-related benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits—including medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust holistic wellbeing offerings where you can experience unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after only 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.