Senior Network Engineer
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Senior Network Engineer at Intersection, you will join our Enterprise Services team and will be responsible for the design, deployment, and management of networks for a wide range of enterprise, public, and purpose-built projects. Our team is small and highly collaborative and engineers are expected to wear many hats. You will jump between architecture, implementation, and infrastructure management, and you will work closely with other team members to grow and streamline our collective capability. This role requires excellent client facing skills and an ability to think and speak clearly. You should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, and someone who enjoys learning and sharing knowledge.
What you will accomplish:
- Design and deploy new network architectures
- Work with project management and network engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of Procedure (MOP) and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate technical documentation of Network information
- Install, configure, maintain and support a variety of network hardware and operating systems
- Resolve highest level escalation of network trouble tickets
- Share knowledge with other team members on network devices or operating systems
- Work directly with vendors, carriers, and internal departments to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 Years of experience
- Strong network design skills
- Strong familiarity with Linux OS/networking. Scripting experience with Python or Perl preferred
- Hands on experience and deep knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, or Alcatel-Lucent network gear
- Network certifications such as CCNP or JNCIP preferred, expert level certifications a plus
- Experience working with configuration management tools like Ansible and Puppet a plus
- Experience with routing protocols including BGP, ISIS, MPLS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent diagramming and documentation skills
- Ability to manage long-term, project/milestone based work with multiple teams
- Working knowledge of fiber-optic communications technology including CWDM and DWDM
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.