Senior Network Voice Engineer
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
As a Network Voice Engineer at Intersection, you will join our Enterprise Services team and be responsible for performing ongoing support adds, moves/changes, and troubleshooting. In addition, you will have the opportunity to utilize your skill and excellent customer-focused service as you perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex telecommunications problems for a variety of end users.
What you will accomplish:
- Integrate and support IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and other Internet- based services and protocols
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of Cisco VoIP equipment
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP, protocols
- Strong understanding of VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies
- Direct experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Familiar with network topologies such as EVPN, ATM, ISDN, VPN etc.
- Maintain documentation for all processes and procedures across the infrastructure.
- Develop and implement plans for VoIP upgrades, modeling, analysis, and planning.
- Acquire, maintain and report on data related to network performance management, capacity planning, and utilization trend analysis.
- Provide after-hours support for systems and applications.
- Work closely with the networking and security teams on collaborative projects.
- Collaborate with other functional IT areas to ensure that IT best practices, policies, and procedures are adhered to. Provide technical support for staff issues.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in CIS Computer Information Systems; Information Technology, Computer Science or similar
- One or more of the following certifications: CCNA or CCNP Voice, CCDA, CCDP
- Extensive experience in setup, configuration, and maintenance of networking and VoIP infrastructure including Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, VPN technologies, MPLS and Unified Communications.
- Experience with configuring and supporting IP networks
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco VoIP or similar VoIP networks
- TCP/IP Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Experience with Call Manager, Unity, and Unified Messaging products
- In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures - relies on knowledge, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of both communicating with IT team members as well as other departments
- Ability to take initiative & manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Organizational, project management abilities, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.