Senior Software Engineer - compute platforms (k8s)
We're looking for top talent in the containers and kubernetes field as we build out a world class platform team that helps support one of the largest and fastest growing companies on the planet: the We company. Do you want to solve some of the most challenging compute problems in the world? Do you want to become part of a team that values technical skills, while always maintaining a cultural focus on teamwork and collaboration? Then join us at the We company as we combine both the IT and physical infrastructure that not only supports some of the largest companies today, but more importantly provides a foundation and an environment to foster the next generation of people building the software and services that will enrich all of our lives for generations to come!
- Become a compute expert for the We Company
- Understand, develop and patch CNCF stack codebase for WeWork needs
- Design and develop components to manage our clusters multi clouds and within building infrastructure. We currently have 400 locations doubling every year.
- Strong ownership from design through to deploy and beyond
- Work with our customers to understand their requirements
- On-call rotation duties to maintain the platform and provide support
- Analyze and improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of the platform
- You thrive in a fast moving collaborative environment where teamwork and delivery are primary values
- A demonstrated ability to deliver software that supports a global set of users
- You are self driven, curious, and seek to solve problems
- You have strong computer science fundamentals
- You are passionate about scale, quality and performance.
- You have experience
- With containers and scheduling technology (docker, mesos, kubernetes)
- with open source software development.
- with distributed systems and asynchronous programming
- with Linux systems and services
- one or more languages such as Go, Java, C++, Python or similar.
- Experience working within a distributed organization
- Experience working with global open source communities to achieve shared goals
- 4 years of infrastructure or back end systems experience.
- You have excellent written communication, interpersonal communication, and documentation skills
Nice to have
- Familiar with the cloud native computing foundation ( Prometheus, OpenTracing, Fluentd, gRPC, containerd, rkt, CNI, Envoy, Jaeger, Notary, TUF, Vitess, CoreDNS, NATS,...)
- Experience building back-end services utilized by other teams
- Experience with cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure, Alicloud,...)
- Experience building operators, CRs, CRDs
WeWork is the platform for creators. We provide beautiful workspace, an inspiring community, and meaningful business services to tens of thousands of members around the world. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. WeWork members are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, and startups, to artists, small businesses and even divisions of large corporations. Beyond providing workspace for our members, we actively look for opportunity to provide services and experiences to foster an engaged and growing community of creators.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.