Senior Technical Recruiter (Technical Recruiting Lead)
Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. With award-winning products like Link, the largest and fastest free public Wi-Fi network in the world, Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds, enhancing people’s journeys through their cities and offering brands the opportunity to drive more relevant and engaging advertising, rooted in real-world location and physical context.
What is this role?
Our success depends on the amazing products we create which depend on the best teams. These products live in public locations, where people engage with them every day. Our technical recruiting team ensures that we have the best talent available to drive our large technology team and the development of products covering smart city platforms, physical devices, interactive experiences, programmatic advertising & ad technology.
As the leader of our technical recruiting function, you will help shape our hiring strategies and processes to ensure we are running a smooth, predictive hiring experience. On top of managing and developing others in the function, you’ll recruit full-cycle which includes: strategizing with the team, define jobs and specs, source effectively (e.g. posting, referrals, x-ray, events), drive a structured hiring process, negotiate and close.
- Within your first month, you’ll have gotten up to speed, established relationships with your customers and direct reports, figured out our tools and have started contributing to our open positions and pipeline.
- By the end of 2017, you’ll have already made 6+ fantastic hires (across our engineering, product and UX/design teams), hiring managers as well as candidates loved their experience, and you regularly running pre and post-interview huddles to drive our structured hiring process.
- Within 6 months you are known as a key player in our recruiting function, leading all technology recruiting efforts. You are viewed as a partner to our technology leadership and have made improvements to our interview and assessment process, interview experience both internally and externally, and have improved the quality of talent overall for our organization.
- Within 12 months, you’ve been central to our technology organization's success by driving a tight, structured hiring process and you’ve developed your team to take on the next phase in their careers.
What we expect:
Realistically, you must be comfortable driving hiring for a large technology organization and leading a team. You may have previous experience in a role like this, however, we are also open to seeing someone who is ready step into these responsibilities.
You have examples to show that:
- You have a track record of hiring the best.
- You easily tailor and execute an end-to-end recruiting process for widely different positions, using all necessary tools and resources.
- You can build teams and companies. You understand how recruiting ties into the business and ultimately how it influences its success.
- You keep learning, find ways to make things better and have successfully used your knowledge to improve your own processes.
Experience recruiting both in-house and agency-side as well as in tech start-ups is a plus. Drive, focus, and software savviness are the basics.
We are revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces.
Intersection connects the digital and physical worlds to ease and enrich people’s journeys through their cities. Whether offering public services like free Wi-Fi and calling, providing people with useful information to get where they’re going, or simply brightening their day with native content that can be interactive and location-specific, our products help people engage with their communities and the cities around them.
Our wide-ranging expertise includes technology and design solutions; advertising innovation, production, and sales; and operations, maintenance, and support. We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology, from virtual and augmented reality to machine learning, conversational commerce, and more. Whether partnering with private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, or with municipalities and city agencies to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection was formed in 2015 as a merger between Titan, the largest municipal out of home company, and Control Group, a leader in technology and design innovation. We are backed by Sidewalk Labs, Alphabet’s urban technology company.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.