Skimm'tern (Spring 2018 Intern)
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. We started as two friends on a couch and have since purchased more couches and gotten new friends, er... employees. Skimm HQ works hard but knows when to take breaks and when it's time to update the Spotify playlist. We drink the kool-aid but know we're drinking it. Through our suite of products, we are disrupting routines and information consumption one Skimm'r at a time. Come join us, we're changing things
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
The Skimm’terns report to the Operations team, but work closely with all teams at HQ, including social, community, and product, to get sh*t done. In addition to daily responsibilities, all interns will create and present a Capstone Project during their internship, in which they deep dive on a question or problem focused on theSkimm’s business, and propose solutions.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- You are a Skimm’bassador
- You are a full-time college student with the ability to work out of our NYC HQ
- You understand theSkimm’s brand, voice, and mission
- You are eager to learn
- You are detail oriented
- You are a problem solver and think on your feet
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- You are self-sufficient and take initiative
- You know when to ask for help and when to use your own judgement
- You would rise to the challenge if we asked you to, for example, figure out how to get free tacos for our next Friday Sip & Skimm AND find 30 bathrobes and have them monogrammed by the end of the day.
This is a temporary part-time role based in New York, NY.