BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Social Media Designer to join our social media team! We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about social media, the internet and e-commerce to provide support for BuzzFeed’s Commerce Editorial Social Team. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand for BuzzFeed, delivering on our measures of success. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, and professional in high-pressure situations. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, and able to juggle multiple projects at once with an eye for excellent social content. We are currently working remotely, and we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in 2021. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the New York office.
- Report to the Lead Social Media Strategist, Commerce
- Work with the Lead Social Media Strategist, Commerce to build and publish content that improves traffic and conversion for BuzzFeed Shopping
- Optimize thumbnails for BuzzFeed Shopping content posted to Facebook
- Create and publish memes, GIFs, images and graphics across Twitter and Instagram
- Harvest user generated content from social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and YouTube
- Produce original affiliate videos, when needed
- Build content formats that encourage audience conversion and generate revenue
- Support commerce social team with content that can be used during event coverage, sale/deal moments, real-time publishing and in service of larger strategic needs (recurring graphic posts, small-scale design needs, etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to be additive to BuzzFeed’s culture with a productive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Analyze and report out about social activity
- 2-3 years experience working with social media
- A creative mind
- An understanding of the shopping & e-commerce space
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere a huge plus
- Video production experience a huge plus
- Have excellent multitasking skills to handle all of the social media accounts you’re responsible for in a cohesive way
- Have excellent communication skills, and great attention to detail and are proactive and able to work independently while remaining an excellent collaborator
- Have a positive and curious disposition and a genuine love for and excitement about the internet
- Strong standards of journalism with regard to fact checking & spelling
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead of a cover letter:
- Explain what your favorite BuzzFeed social page, handle or channel is and why
- Find 3-5 links to BuzzFeed content (shopping = even better!) that performed well on Instagram with an explanation on why you think it performed well
- Provide links to your public social media accounts and portfolio
- Attach a resume!
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.