Social Video Preditor
Thrillist is currently seeking a hyper-creative Social Video Preditor (Producer/Editor, not a technologically advanced alien who hunts Arnold Schwarzenegger) to join our growing video team and focus on creating stories around TV shows, movies, celebrities, and all other manner of entertainment. In this role, you’ll create compelling short-form social videos for platforms including Facebook, YouTube, and Thrillist.com. The right candidate wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about Game of Thrones theories, obsesses over the internal logic of cinematic universes, has watched every show on Netflix and most on Hulu, and nurses an unstoppable desire to turn all those things and more into video that excites a huge audience.
- Work alongside staff writers, editors and video team to create incredibly watchable, shareable, and exciting short-form digital video
- Brainstorm fresh ideas constantly, and view the world through the lens of "can this be a fantastic video?"
- Extrapolate ideas into repeatable franchises that viewers can get excited to come back to over and over
- Work with your manager, writers, and editors to generate ideas, but ultimately own the video creation process from ideation through scripting and editing
- Creatively source and secure footage from third-party sources (including creative commons public domain content, electronic press kits, and other media centers)
- Master the Thrillist voice and tone, and infuse all videos with the feeling of fun that we stand for
- Immerse yourself in data around the videos you and others -- both on the team and at other publishers -- are making, and use that to guide smart decision-making for future videos
- Occasionally work on shoots as necessary in both the studio and the field
- Be ready and willing to work on timelines when necessary
- Provide a better day for literally everyone who watches what we create
- 1-3 years of relevant editing and producing experience at a digital media company or equivalent
- Be someone who loves solving problems
- Work well in a team as well as on your own
- Be able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Be open to constructive criticism, from peers and managers alike, and strive to make best-in-class content
- Deep understanding of the Thrillist brand and lifestyle
- Familiar with operating DSLR cameras
- Expert at non-linear editing with expertise in Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Familiar with rights and clearances for obtaining third-party footage
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) and science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month, while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR and live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, and if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.