Teachable is looking for a Full-Stack or Back-End software engineer. We're a small, tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. We collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture, and are on a mission to revolutionize education.
In collaboration with the team, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You will work to create beautiful systems that are robustly designed to meet the needs of a massively growing user base.
Who You Are
- Full-Stack or Back-End experience with production Rails and/or Angular or equivalent framework
- Care about good programming practices (OO principles, test coverage, readability and maintainability, performance, etc.)
- Value working as part of a team and supporting other team members when needed
- Be interesting, creative, fun to work with and interested in doing cool things with a cool product
- Varied experience (such as ops or design) is always a plus
- 2+ years of experience with production code
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform which lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $35M, and we have grown 5x in the past year with a 7-figure run rate. We’ve also raised $8.5M from a group of top venture investors.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and will be an integral member of our tight-knit team. If you want to do something you believe will help us grow, you don’t need to ask a hundred people for permission. And you can do it all in our beautiful office just west of Union Square, with great benefits and perks.
You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible work hours and ability to work from home
- Competitive salary and comprehensive health benefits (for individuals and families)
- Discretionary vacation & time off; generous parental leave
- Company activities and outings
- Beautiful office near Union Square, your own standing desk or other workspace
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- Employee discounts
- Gym or wellness match benefit