Software Engineer - Platform Team
As a Software Engineer at Handshake, you will build the infrastructure that powers our mission-critical iOS and web applications used daily by thousands of sales professionals to power hundreds of brands on 6 continents. Working on the same team as Product Managers, Designers, Python Engineers and Front-End Engineers, you will automate the provisioning, configuration and deployment of the highly-available systems that help power how every product reaches every shelf worldwide.
Handshake connects great brands to local retailers and their customers. The software we build replaces the antiquated paper-and-clipboard-based systems used by brands and their salespeople, allowing for more products to reach more retailers with less cost, at greater speed and with less environmental impact.
The Problems You'll Solve
Handshake engineers solve difficult technical problems to make the lives of our users easier. Some of the biggest challenges our Software Engineers are solving right now are:
Handshake engineers strive to constantly improve our products through iteration and daily releases. By fully automating our systems you'll help us move from releasing daily to continuous provisioning, configuration and deployment without sacrificing quality or stability.
Handshake's APIs connect brands with their customers. If our APIs are down our brands' customers can't order products, orders don't turn into invoices, and boxes don't get packed, processed or shipped. Simply put: if our APIs go down our customers stop making money. High-availability isn't a nice-to-have, it's essential. With your help, we'll mitigate the risk of any part of our systems going down, driving outages to a bare minimum.
You're a Great Candidate If You ...
- communicate and collaborate well
- are proficient in one or more scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- view systems administration as a programming problem
- care about technical excellence, but care even more about business value
- have successfully deployed continuous integration systems
- are a seasoned expert with one or more *NIX
- are a seasoned expert with a systems automation framework like Chef or Ansible
- have worked with Git
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
The Benefits of Working at 'The Shake'
- Comprehensive medical / dental benefits.
- Competitive salary / equity
- Spacious office in NoHo with plants, a shower, a fully stocked bar and plenty of bike parking