Sr. Field Production Manager (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
The CNN Senior Manager, Field Production, oversees the strategic utilization and development of departmental staff and resources, design and implementation of training protocols, and provides leadership and oversight in areas of departmental priorities. They will lead a team of content creators, effectively utilizing innovative and forward-thinking approaches to technology, creativity, editorial judgment, and feedback in their daily work. The Senior Manager works closely with newsgathering leaders from across the country on daily assignments, future production needs, and broader event planning to ensure appropriate, efficient planning and resource usage on all productions involving CNN Field Production personnel and resources.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Oversees Field Production management and staff in CNN's Northeast region.
- Develops and utilizes strong relationships with newsgathering leadership, partners, and Field Production staff, to establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, strategic plans, and operating procedures to identify inefficiencies, and effect changes required for improvement.
- Working knowledge and competence in the foundational principles and workflows of high-level news and documentary production to allow for evaluation, feedback, and directional growth objectives for staff as well as evaluation and recommendation of new technology.
- Designs, coordinates, and implements training programs for Field Production personnel to elevate CNN's production capability.
- Reviews department capabilities and works with recruiting team to identify and hire candidates who meet hiring objectives.
- Provides strategic advice and recommendations to newsgathering leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating policies, practices, and procedures within Field Production.
- The Sr. Manager will serve as project leader on technical projects and departmental initiatives to engage, motivate and accomplish desired outcomes.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Minimum of 5 years of managerial experience leading direct reports, or comparable experience. Direct experience with budgeting, disciplinary process, hiring, metrics analysis, and project management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a photojournalist and/or producer/editor. Experienced in all aspects of field production, media management/file-based production, with high-level and creative skills in lighting, editing, and photography.
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication skills, diplomacy, training, collaboration, and staff development.
- Hold and maintain a valid and active Driver's License
- Must carry/lift loads of 50 -70 lbs
- Must be accredited to work in the United States
- Ability to travel at a moment's notice, particularly for breaking news coverage
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $137,901.00 - $256,103.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].