Sr. UX Researcher
Solstice is seeking a User Experience Discovery and Validation Researcher to join our UX Department. This is a contract opportunity where the ideal candidate will be analytical and have proven ability to lead investigative conversations. If you are passionate about getting clients closer to their customers - read on!
What we are looking for in you:
- You are excited and passionate about immersing yourself in the customer’s environment and searching out new opportunities to improve their experience.
- You are able to speak to the value of research and “sell” stakeholders on a comprehensive research plan.
- You are skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to help generate answers to key questions as well as discover what the team didn’t know they didn’t know.
- You have experience crafting and leading UX research using both qualitative and quantitative research methods and analysis. You are proficient in a variety of UX research methods and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), ride-alongs, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, usability testing, persona development - and know how/when to advocate for different methods.
- You’re able to manage your own time, whether working on a team in a collaborative environment or working independently.
- Proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centered designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Working closely with a development and design team is something you have done and enjoy.
- You are an advocate for the user. You’re passionate about uncovering pain points and delights in a digital interface, as well as helping to solve difficult user experience problems based on your research.
- You are able to effectively articulate issues and concerns to team members and clients as well as work to strategize potential solutions.
- Experience working in a consulting capacity, specifically in a client facing role is a plus.
- You have a passion for FinTech, IoT, or other emerging tech enterprise verticals
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Journalism, or related field.
What you can look forward to in the job:
- Your work at Solstice matters. The research you do here will have a direct impact on the client projects on which you’re engaged. The designs you help inform will be seen and used by thousands of people every.
- Taking a client’s vision from conception to completion and delivery. In addition, you’ll be a trusted advisor on the mobile experience they will provide to their customers.
- You will work with some of the brightest, most talented UX’ers around - you’ll learn something new daily, and we would like to learn from you.
- Crafting research plans and discussion guides, conducting end-user interviews, synthesizing and analyzing research feedback, and developing lean documentation to keep your team focused on the user.
- You’ll work closely with designers for our innovative mobile application product suite.
Any design experience (desktop or mobile) is a plus however we are looking for a UX researcher first and foremost.