About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at GrubHub. We’re looking for more.
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
The Staff Accountant will report to the Director, Accounting and work closely with the entire Accounting team. The qualified candidate must be detail-oriented, organized and have strong investigating skills to ensure partner invoices and related payments, vendor invoices and employee T&Es are processed correctly. You will also perform other basic clerical duties associated with accounts payable, including responding to partner and vendor inquiries.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Ensure all partner invoices are generated and paid timely
- Review, calculate and process all partner invoice charges
- Prepare monthly employee T&E file
- Enter and process vendor invoices timely with appropriate approval
- Respond to partner/vendor inquiries on payment status
- Reissue payments as needed
- Respond to levies
- Prepare various month end reconciliations, accruals and analysis
- Assist with providing data to internal and external auditors
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as needed
You Should Have
You Should Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2 years+ of experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to take initiative, work well independently and with others and manage multiple
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to apply sound judgment and manage confidential information and documents
Got These? Even Better:
- Basic understanding of Salesforce
- Prior experience with Intacct or an Accounting database is preferred
- Accounts payable experience
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.