Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The job - Staff Accountant
Justworks is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Finance team. The Staff Accountant’s responsibilities will include all aspects of the general ledger and month-end close. This is a deadline driven environment. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and great communication skills are required.
What you'll do
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Manage account analysis, reconciliations and various accounting schedules
- Responsible for the timely and accurate entry of Accounts Payables and Receivables
- Compile and analyze large volumes of data for reporting
- Provide support during the annual audit
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a Staff Accountant role with strong understanding of accounting principles
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A highly analytical self-starter with the ability to resolve problems independently
- Previous experience with ERP systems a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.