Summer 2018 Internship
IEX is looking to hire two interns to join our team for Summer 2018. Over the course of the 10-week paid internship, you will have the chance to shadow five different teams at IEX: Market Quality, QA, Quantitative Research, Sales, and Business Analytics. This is not your typical internship, as you will conduct your own research project and present the findings to our executive team.
If you're a rising college senior, looking to use your quantitative skills to change Wall Street for the better - please apply!
What you'll do:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of U.S. stock market microstructure, including the interests of—and interactions between—exchanges, brokers, HFT, and buy-side investors
- Learn the inner workings of a stock exchange, including the technology involved and regulatory approval process
- Witness and participate in the early stages of the newest U.S. stock exchange
- Conduct research on trading strategies and general market dynamics, and present your findings to the team
- Rising college senior, preferably in a quantitative field of study such as Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- Demonstrated interest in both data science and finance/trading
- Passionate about learning new technologies and concepts
- No ego—you won’t be asked to buy coffee for the team, but you’re the kind of person who would be happy to do so!
- Solid problem solving skills with the ability to consistently produce at a high level
- Belief in IEX’s mission