SVP Government Affairs at Altice USA (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
The Senior Vice President of Government Affairs is an executive level role that is responsible for managing state and local government, legislative, regulatory, and franchising affairs for Altice USA's video, broadband, voice, wireless, media, and advertising services. This role requires developing and executing substantive strategies involving legislative, regulatory, and general governmental elements in support of business goals. A critical component of the position is leading a team of professionals focused on federal, state and local government affairs work, prioritizing goals, and being accountable for results. The Senior Vice President is a business leader who is engaged and well versed in the Company's key growth strategies, execution, and operational requirements and can advocate with authority and credibility in support of the Company.
- Government Affairs Relationships: Develop and maintain relationships across AUSA's 21-state footprint, including: state and local officials, key Governor's offices, state regulatory agencies, members of the state legislatures (including leadership and key committee chairs) and legislative staff members, and local government.
- Legislative & Regulatory Affairs: Manage legislative and regulatory advocacy in support of the Company's interests in all state and local jurisdictions where Altice USA operates. Direct the strategy of team members and advisers to deliver consistent and effective outreach strategy to accomplish Company's goals.
- Franchising & Local Issues: Obtain, maintain, renew and manage franchises and related authorizations to support network investment and service expansion.
- Community Affairs: Partner with the Community Affairs team to develop strategic targets for execution of public affairs initiatives to support the company's image and relationships with public officials.
- The individual must understand the substantive policy issues of the Company and of the communications and media industry generally.
- Anticipate emerging state government, public or community/social issues of importance to the Company and effectively to handle such issues in all aspects.
- Review and evolve the current government & community affairs strategies, ensuring alignment with the strategies of the company and its key divisions.
- A law degree or graduate level degree is preferred
- 15 years' experience as multi-state government affairs executive with a major telecommunications/cable/media company, senior level state or local policy advisor, or as a senior official in a government department or agency
- Deep functional experience in government and public affairs, with proven relationships and coalition building skills, is essential
- Experience developing and executing complex political strategies
- Team building skills, including ability to work effectively with colleagues across the organization
- Leadership skills, including ability to advance company interests in venues that require consensus building
- Flexibility and creativity in problem solving, particularly in negotiations with government officials and agencies
- An ability to analyze and understand business impact of proposed legislation and regulations at state and local level
- An ability to develop budgets and oversee their execution
- Transformation - oriented executive, excellent communicator with confident and collaborative style and adept at aligning internal and external stakeholders
- Inspiring leader who can assess, attract, and develop talent
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
This position is identified as being performed in/or reporting to company operations in New York State. Salary ranges are supplied in compliance with New York State law. Pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including skills and experience. The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in the posted location is $250,000.00 - $287,500.00 /year. The rate/Range provided herein is the anticipated pay at the time of hire, and does not reflect future job opportunity.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
Nearest Major Market: Brooklyn
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City