Are you passionate about finding the best and the brightest? Do you love building collaborative and ambitious teams? Fantastic. We have big plans for team growth and need to build out our internal talent acquisition effort. This role will bring in top-notch talent for Engineering as the second member of our Tech Recruiting team. This is a critical role in the success of our teams and company – you’ll partner strategically with hiring managers to drive recruiting forward, attracting new team members as the voice of our organization and culture.
What you’ll do:
- Manage an exceptional recruiting process for roles on Updater’s Engineering team, owning candidate relationships from outreach to offer – ensuring an incredible candidate experience.
- Source & attract new candidates, schedule interviews, determine team interview slate, select evaluation criteria, collect feedback, facilitate informed hiring decisions, extend offers, negotiate and close selected candidates – you can do it all!
- Develop an extensive understanding of our product, company strategy, and team goals.
- Create sourcing strategies, find innovative ways to attract and find the right people for our teams.
- Conduct first round interviews, casual conversations, providing thoughtful recommendations to hiring managers
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships, following through diligently.
What you have:
- 4+ years experience in full life-cycle recruiting for engineering teams in an agency, startup, or in the tech / SaaS industry.
- Knowledge of the NYC engineering talent competitive landscape.
- Expertise in sourcing, interviewing, and screening techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: confidence interacting, communicating, and empathizing with all experience levels of A+ talent.
- Superb client service, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Self-motivation, strong time management, and organization skills.
- Passionate, innovative spirit, and a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Humility and a good sense of humor!
- BA / BS degree.
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.