Technical Writer: Development
The Technical Writing Team raises awareness of DigitalOcean within the greater developer community by contributing approachable, open source-focused articles. Measured on traffic, DigitalOcean articles consistently showcase the team’s care through their writing, technical understanding, topic flexibility, and output.
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by few companies.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that your peers will love.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Producing and evaluating topic ideas for future articles
- Researching to establish a working knowledge of each topic
- Writing and editing articles on development topics for the DigitalOcean Community
- Maintaining existing articles by updating content where appropriate
- Providing technical and non-technical feedback to other writers
- Coordinating with other team members to ensure topic coverage while avoiding overlap
What We'll Expect From You:
- You must have excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Experience or interest in instructional writing
- Understanding of curriculum design
- Previous publishing experience
- Familiarity with distributed systems
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, and office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to grow continuously. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.