Training and Development Lead
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup's Community Experience team is a diverse, creative group that knows every nook and cranny of Meetup, and we use that knowledge to coach and support Meetup members around the world. To keep the Meetup ecosystem humming, the team engages with hundreds of community members every day - we answer questions, offer advice, hunt down defects, and reinforce Meetup's Community Guidelines. We share this by sharing product feedback with Meetup's Product Managers and presenting community highlights to the entire team at Meetup.
As our Training and Development lead, you will direct the creation of a holistic program for the support, success and integrity functions of the Community experience team. You will work with the Director of Community Experience and Community Experience Managers to create a program that enables all team members to contribute to the future of Meetup and hit professional developmental goals.
This person will:
- Own the onboarding process for the community team and work to develop meaningful experiences for members of the community team to maximize their impact on Meetup organizers and members
- Own the creation and facilitation of all Community Experience meetings to increase collaboration, increase feedback channels, and hear from our organizers and members
- Manage and develop all documentation related to Community Experience workflows
- Work with the Director of Community Experience to project manage the team workflow, professional development, and performance management schedule of the Community team
- Enhance the onboarding process and systems
- Bring energy and excitement to work
- Work closely with the Director of Community Experience in developing strategy as to how the team works, onboarding for success, and helping create an empowered and connected team that consistently delivers high-quality content
- Take on additional project management responsibilities, as needed
This might be the role for you if you:
- Have a passion for building community in real life and the mission of Meetup
- Have a background in program management
- Have experience creating training or facilitation programs for adults
- Are a dynamic and engaging leader who loves leading and facilitating quality learning experiences for others
- Take ownership of programs and connect the dots to see maximum impact from your work
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?