VP of Product Management
We are looking for a VP of Product Management to lead and supervise our team of talented engineers and Data Scientists located in our US (New York) and India (Chennai) sites as they develop, test, and modify solutions to technical problems.Responsibilities
- Partner with the Directors of Engineering and Data Science and senior leadership to ensure agile development of high-quality products and solutions.
- Supervise and lead engineers across our New York (US) and Chennai (India) sites and oversee production infrastructure and quality control for the core platform and product lines.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, and maintenance activities.
- Translate product roadmaps into software development projects and milestones.
- Hire, train, motivate and mentor engineers and support staff.
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
- Discuss and design project specifications.
- Review, approve, or modify product designs.
- Work as part of the management team to prepare budgets and cost estimates.
- Approve expenditures.
- Draft proposals and reports for the Product Management team.
- Improve engineering and R&D processes.
- Work with Sales and customers and with the Engineering and Data Science teams to develop overall concepts for a new product.
- Check technical accuracy of work.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate activities between organizational units.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management.
- Monitor overall team performance using agile engineering analytics tools (Pivotal Tracker, Gitlab)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems is required; Masters is a plus.
- 5+ years experience that includes a mix of SaaS, Security and GRC industry exposure in solution architecture, product design and delivery.
- Experience managing distributed agile engineering; management of remote engineering teams and agile scrum master experience is a plus.
- Project management experience (PMP certification is a plus); projects involving collaboration between data science and software development engineers is a plus.
- Strong background in Java and Scala Enterprise software frameworks; familiarity with one or more of the following is a plus - Spring, Spray, Akka, Kafka, Spark; additionally, experience with one or more statistical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, Stata, NumPy, Matlab, H2O is a plus.
- Experience with one or more agile project management tools such as Pivotal Tracker or Jira is a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes is desired.
- Experience with building and managing SOA web-services and REST micro services is required.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Proven track record of running and building high-performance, process-driven engineering team.
- Results-driven individual who does whatever it takes to succeed and loves a challenge.
- Effective communicator capable of explaining concepts clearly and credibly across all levels of the organization.
- Hands on approach balanced with big picture understanding – can transition quickly from tactical to strategic.
- Strong team player, results oriented, metrics driven and capable of working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Deep knowledge of Enterprise Software/SaaS industry and trends is a plus.
Read Full Job Description