Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
The Accounting team is responsible for preparing accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and working with cross functional teams to manage financial risks and make our goals achievable. We work in a fast-paced environment with complex customer contracts often employing multi-element pricing. In order to scale with the growth of the company, we are constantly building new processes and improving existing ones. As a member of this team, the Billing & Collections Manager will work closely with both our Controller and the Sales & Accounts teams as well as other members of the Finance team to streamline and manage Flatiron’s billing and collections activities.
- Responsible for Flatiron’s end-to-end customer invoicing and collection process, including managing a billing & collection analyst
- Partner with cross-functional teams to resolve billing errors and implement billing process improvements
- Analyze errors and trace them back to the cause
- Planning, implementing and documenting quality assurance playbooks for the billing and collections process
- Manage all collections and accounts receivable
- Develop metrics to track related financial performance for Finance leadership
- Respond to all internal and external customer inquiries in a timely fashion
- Work closely with the rest of the revenue accounting team to provide support for an accurate revenue recognition.
- Provide support and coordinate with external auditors during the annual financial statement audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8-10 years of experience in billing and collections operations with a tech/SaaS company
- Proficient with Netsuite ERP and Salesforce.com
- Proven track record for improving billing process efficiencies and solving problems
- Strong analytical skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively, focus on efficiency, and work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to motivate direct reports
- Passionate about healthcare and fighting cancer
- Basic familiarity with excel and modeling