Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
As a Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for helping our network of practices improve their billing operations. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand practices’ current processes, identify areas for improvement and help these practices transition to these best practices. You will provide crucial input as we build billing tools and services to help ensure they best meet customer needs. This role will require detailed knowledge of oncology billing, and we are looking for candidates who have honed this knowledge through years of work in this space.
This role reports to the Director, Provider Business Operations.
- Become a trusted confidante to practice administrators and prospective customers by working with them to help improve their practices
- Keep internal and external teams abreast of new billing developments and their impact
- Support the development of Flatiron billing products through input on how products can best meet the needs of our customers
- Be a go-to resource for company-wide efforts around billing through giving advice, answering questions, vetting rules and advising on best practices
- Experience working in medical oncology billing and detailed understanding across processes (authorization, charge posting, A/R management)
- Comfort in answering billing questions and explaining billing concepts to non-expert audiences
- Proven ability to build rapport and trust in a variety of team environments
- Self-motivated and autonomous with a nose for value and ability to prioritize
- Passionate about our mission to help practices through technology
- Experience working in a community oncology setting
- Experience in related specialty billing (radiation oncology, urology, surgical oncology, radiology)