Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a PM, you’ll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems and accelerating your team’s execution.
We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next-generation consumer experiences, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations and processes, and lots more. We’d love to hear about your experiences and interests to see what would be a great fit for you!You are:
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years. (We’re serious!)
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you’re excited to get into the details and become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Analytical. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- User-centric. You have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing your features and getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
- Defining the business and user goals of your features and product area(s), creating process and system specifications for our operations, and working across teams to implement them.
- Working with engineers, designers and other internal stakeholders to create specs and implement features.
- Making sure your features are on track and high quality, and helping your team adjust them as needed.
- Generating insights from data and user research to inform decisions, create learnings, and measure success.
- Coordinating and organizing work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.