What is the position?
Design is one of the most powerful tools we have at Oscar. Healthcare is incredibly complex, but with design, we can create a better experience for doctors and patients. Our goal is to create a trusted and dependable product that people want to engage with.
At Oscar, you’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, and other designers. Collaboration is a key to our success, and design is a partner in creating a better healthcare experience. That means the lines between disciplines becomes blurred, and the impact of design is huge. We encourage a sense of autonomy and expect designers to be able to think critically and act as product leaders. That means being able to see between the lines, give and take feedback well, and actively research concepts that may be foreign.
The Oscar design team is a small tight knit group of ambitious and grounded people. It goes without saying that egos won't fit on the team. We expect designers to be great on their own but even better as part of the team.
Who are you?
- A designer with 5+ years of experience in the digital space.
- You’ve conceived and iterated product features based on data, analytics, and strategy.
- Experience building products with multidisciplinary teams.
- Capable of balancing user and business needs.
- Deep product experience demonstrated through a portfolio of multiple case studies.
- Fluent in modern web technologies and the fundamental understanding of front-end development.
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills.
- Excited to contribute and take ownership at an early stage of a company.
- Flexible in a fast-changing startup environment (able to “roll with the punches”).
- Great foundational design skills (typography, composition, overall good design sensibilities.)