Camera Operator (project-based) at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed is looking for a skilled and resourceful Camera Operate to bring their expertise to an upcoming branded production being shot on location in Los Angeles and in NYC. We are looking for one Camera Operator in Los Angeles and one in NYC.
These are project-based, freelance positions with a project rate of $350/day in LA and $400/day in NYC.
- Operate camera on set
- Work with DP to execute creative vision
- Follow shot list and other creative materials
- Be willing to and able to setup lights, grip, and perform camera prep responsibilities
- Work with other members of camera crew such as an Assistant Camera
- Collaborate with lighting crew
- 3+ years of production experience as a camera operator working on branded, commercial, or music videos
- Strong technical knowledge of cameras and the film production process
- Flexible approach and collaborative
- Strong team management and communication skills
- Must provide samples of work / reel
- Previous branded digital video experience is ideal
- Include a link to your portfolio or provide samples of your work or your reel in your application
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect a supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. At BuzzFeed, you’ll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed’s practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.