Content Marketing Writer at Celonis
Content Marketing Writer
Hey you. Yes, you. Are you a smart, talented writer who can write with verve and personality for any audience?
One of those people who gets excited by strategic thinking, who likes to experiment with different formats, who enjoys sinking their teeth into complex topics and explaining them clearly to other people — without boring them to death?
Someone who believes in quality and hates jargon?
We’re looking for someone like you to join the Celonis writing team. If you have B2B tech or agency experience, that’s great. If you don’t, but you’re clever and creative and ready to roll your sleeves up and learn, that’s excellent too. We’d love to see what you can do.
Send us a varied portfolio — anything you’re proud of, whether it’s tech or consumer, long or short. It could be a massive rant about your biggest pet peeve or that feature story that never saw the light of day but is hands-down the best thing you’ve ever written. Send us an exciting cover letter. Showcase your skill, your intelligence, and your personality.
Get in touch. We’ll get on like a house on fire.
- Produce high-quality, thoughtful, human-sounding copy for a variety of formats to often tight deadlines
- Collaborate with designers, video editors, and other creatives to create visuals that bring your writing to life
- Interview internal and external stakeholders, and turn the content of those conversations into consumable assets
- Research topics thoroughly, such as specific personas and industries and technologies, in order to create copy that speaks authentically to our audience
- Incorporate SEO best practices into writing, including keywords and link juice
- Review and edit other people’s copy to ensure it’s consistent with corporate messaging and brand, and provide constructive feedback to help everyone improve
- Manage an editorial calendar of ongoing content projects
- Upload completed content to a content management system (CMS) and organize it using tags, folders, etc.
- Analyze content performance metrics such as blog traffic or social media engagement to inform our content strategy
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to understand our content needs, and use those learnings to provide input on our strategy for prioritizing, packaging, and delivering content to the right audience on the right channels
- 5+ years of experience writing engaging and high-quality content
- A strategic and customer-centric approach to content creation
- A diverse portfolio of writing samples — long-form, short-form, high-level, in-depth, etc.
- Experience writing copy for multiple target demographics
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, consumable prose
- Experience working with subject matter experts to create content
- Strong communication, project management, and relationship management skills
- Experience managing a content management system (CMS) or other type of repository
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Cloud applications (Drive, Docs, Slides, Sheets), as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Experience writing on the topics of enterprise technology or analytics
- Experience writing B2B content for corporate customers and prospects
- Experience creating content for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience tracking content performance metrics in Google Analytics
- An agency background is helpful but not required
- Fluency in German, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, or other languages
At Celonis, we turn the world’s processes into extraordinary experiences.
We’re pioneers of Process Mining technology, which helps large enterprises optimize their processes — the deeply unsexy workings behind the scenes — to work harder, better, and faster (stronger is maybe a bit of a stretch). It’s pretty technical, but very, very cool if you’re nerdy that way.
The Content Marketing team brings this vision to life by creating dynamic experiences and compelling content across a variety of formats. We’re there to help the company achieve its goals — brand awareness, lead generation, sales and undying customer loyalty. As part of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the brand and voice of a fast-growing startup. (And yes, it’s a classic start-up environment — things move quickly and priorities sometimes change overnight. A high tolerance for uncertainty and strong organizational skills will stand you in good stead.)
Bring a spirit of creativity, agility, and uncommon thinking and help our content stand out from the crowd.
This role reports to the Vice President of Content Marketing.