Content Studio Manager
Squarespace’s Creative Production team is seeking a Studio Manager to be the main point of contact for content that we produce in-house and all our current and future needs. You will manage all things relating to the studio - people, space, operations, processes and programming. This role will work closely with the Creative Production Director on executing future visions and goals, prioritizing needs, and creating a world-class team of makers. You are a natural leader and manager, a quick problem solver in a fast-paced environment with deep experience in the worlds of video and photography. You will be joining during an exciting time of growth for the company and team. This role reports into the Creative Production Director and is based in New York.
- Manage a growing content studio team which covers production disciplines from photography and retouching to filmmaking, editorial and motion design
- Manage the Studio calendar and align and communicate dates cross-functionally with the larger Project Management Team, Production team, the Creative team and the company
- Manage all external relationships and resourcing that relates to in-house production
- Organize and maintain the Content Studio space - equipment, storage, security and props - and work with Facilities on any new needs
- Closely collaborate with Integrated Producers and Business Affairs so that all shoots are properly executed
- Responsible for our internal DAM (Digital Asset Management) where our assets are stored
- Responsible for instituting processes within the studio, how the Creative team works with the studio and how the company uses the Studio.
- Responsible for creating programming for the Studio that includes - internal sessions, talks, speakers, equipment, and events
- Prospect outside talent to build up a freelance roster
- Manage the Content Studio budget, resourcing documents and meetings
- Organize and manage the studio “brainstorms” to keep the studio ever evolving
- Foster a motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation, during busy and slower times
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience or previous experience in a similar role
- Minimum 2 years management and hiring experience
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong work relationships with Directors and cross-functional teams at the company
- Excellent understanding of product photography principles and product styling
- Understand how to balance quality and details with timing and resource constraints
- Post-Production supervision experience, preferred
- Previous experience working brand-side, preferred
- Previous experience working in tech, preferred
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.