Coordinator, World Baseball Classic - Licensing at Major League Baseball
The organizers of the World Baseball Classic are looking for a highly motivated candidate with a tireless work ethic to fulfill the role of Licensing Coordinator for the 2021 World Baseball Classic. This position requires coordination of all Licensing-related activities with Tournament organizers and National Team representatives.
- Create purchase orders and coordinate and organize the ordering, tracking and delivery of WBC team and venue uniforms and equipment.
- Work with fulfillment and logistics companies to coordinate delivery and shipping from WBC vendors to teams and venues.
- Compile all documentation for international shipments including commercial invoices, packing slips and any other required documents.
- Track and cross reference all WBC product credit usage and WBC applicable invoices. Create and maintain a summary report for Licensing expenditure across all suppliers.
- Create and maintain database of WBC team and venue uniform and equipment provisions, as well as other WBC product orders (including a visual inventory of all provisions).
- Support on-site concessions and facilitate discount purchase opportunities for teams and players.
- Assist with WBC international and domestic retail marketing initiatives.
- Review Quality Control artwork submissions and assist in the enforcement and protection of WBC trademarks and property rights.
- Coordinate all ticket, hotel and gifting needs for Licensing staff and licensees.
- Regularly follow up with Tournament organizers and teams regarding deadlines and completion of tasks.
- Compile a WBC sales recap of all licensing revenue and on-site concessions sales.
- Create a comprehensive WBC recap to ensure that all issues are documented in advance of next tournament.
- Hands-on experience working in operations and logistics for various sporting events/special events.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work with many different areas throughout the company.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience working in a professional sports and/or special events environment.