Copywriter at Orchard
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose
Role and Responsibilities
Orchard is seeking a Copywriter to help craft our entire copywriting practice. You’ll flex those finger muscles to explain and amplify the story of Orchard by expertly navigating rocky real estate waters and speaking with our customers using relatable, friendly and engaging language.
You should be comfortable and confident in your writing, enjoy the collaboration process, have a great mix of judgment, creative thinking, and a growth-mindset. Whether it’s developing a concept for a TV script or simplifying copy across the digital experience, you feel comfortable flexing across a wide range of channels. This is a full-time position based in New York, NY, reporting to the Director of Brand Design.
- Craft engaging and compelling copy across a wide range of company projects (campaign creative, product marketing materials, video scripts, landing pages, blog posts and more).
- Establish a consistent brand voice that extends to all products/services, features, and marketing communications.
- Create and upkeep a messaging playbook that establishes principles for how to apply the brand voice and tone across a variety of channels.
- Work to know our customers inside and out, and leveraging user research to drive continuous improvements on positioning and messaging for all customer segments.
- Work with Growth & Product teams to design copy tests and iteratively test and optimize messaging on landing pages, campaigns, and other touch points across the customer journey.
- Collaborate closely with Design to conceptualize your copy within a visual framework.
- Find appropriate tone and balance—at times leaning into business performance and others leaning into brand.
The Right Candidate
- Nerds out over all-things word--knows when to be punny, has a handle on the oxford comma, and understands the fine balance of using exclamation points, quotes, and caps.
- Has 5+ years experience shaping copy and content at both a brand and campaign level.
- Prioritizes their work and communicates priorities to all stakeholders.
- Has a strong understanding of audience needs and mindset.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Can self-manage a calendar of copy requests and deadlines.
Please note that this is a full time role only. No freelancing opportunities at this time.