Director, Content and Community at Ro
What You'll Do:
- Own the brand content strategy and brand voice for all of Ro’s consumer facing brands with an eye towards establishing trust with and engaging our members across every touchpoint.
- Direct high-impact advertising copy, engaging email campaigns, and new content formats across social media platforms.
- Define, develop and implement brand voice and key messaging documents that will ensure delivery of consistent and on-brand messaging across every consumer touchpoint.
- Oversee a team of copywriters, content developers, and freelancers that will work cross-departmentally to concept and execute a robust range of digital content (advertising and brand-supporting) and printed materials.
- Partner with Creative Directors to develop strong copy for OOH, audio and TV campaigns.
- Spearhead content strategy for owned social media channels–implementing best practices for each platform and delivering content that resonates with each consumer segment.
- Lead, mentor, and direct a team of community managers–defining a strategy that sets the roadmap for team development and growth.
- Understand key market trends, challenges, and opportunities that can be used to differentiate Ro’s portfolio of brands within the competitive market.
- Review, direct, and edit copy and content with a consumer-first mindset while ensuring consistent brand experiences.
- Partner across the organization to ensure that all copy adheres to legal and medical guidelines.
- Measure and track content quality, performance, and insights and use that data to drive and enhance future content strategy.
- Build strong relationships with partners and stakeholders in legal, medops, growth, product marketing, research and product to balance growth and brand marketing needs.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of experience in content strategy and editorial production across channels for nationally recognized consumer brands (DTC or ecommerce is a plus), bonus for managing content for multiple brands simultaneously.
- 6+ years of leadership and people management experience.
- Storytelling prowess–you understand how to connect with the consumer in a way that gets them to take action.
- Copy, creative, and digital marketing expertise in building content to support product launches, brand awareness, customer acquisition, demand generation, events, etc.
- An understanding of how to use data and insights to influence content while ensuring consistency across brands.
- A roster of experienced writers and voices for our brands.
- A deep understanding and experience in producing content for social platforms.
- Track record of partnering with stakeholders to transform customer needs and business goals into actionable plans with appropriate resourcing.
- Motivated self-starter who takes initiative and thrives in a fast-moving, results-driven environment.
- Willingness to jump in, as needed, to execute against time sensitive projects and to help teach the team to fish while leading by example.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent professional experience.
- An outstanding portfolio that showcases your expertise and fit for this role.