The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.What you'll do:
The Director, Technical Writing Team is responsible for the strategy, scalability and organization of our company’s intranet as well as platform and API reference materials.
This role will nurture the development of a team of tech writers who are passionate about writing, serious about their careers in technical documentation, and have strong opinions on the Oxford comma.
As our company grows globally, we need someone who can think strategically about the future of our knowledge-sharing databases across our audiences internally and externally, including supervising the management of content translations/localization.
- Articulating the vision for our documentation across the company and executing the plans to make that vision a reality
- Ensuring our documentation is meeting the needs of our platform users, optimizing content and structure for this audience (using feedback to inform our strategy and content development)
- Advocating for the technical writing team and the content in the Knowledge Portal and API documentation
- Facilitating partnerships across The Trade Desk to enhance our written content with high-quality multimedia work, when needed
- Managing the relationship with the software company we use to house our documentation, ensuring their roadmap supports our needs
- Prioritizing tasks and leading our technical writing efforts
- Developing and investing in the career paths of the technical writing team
- As needed, collaborating directly with product managers, product marketers, and engineers to lend a hand with documentation
- Refining documentation processes (including translation) and developing KPIs to quantify success
- Leading the strategic organization on our company’s intranet
- Developing a strategic, scalable plan for global information company-wide and rolling it out globally
- A cross-functional collaborator
- Strong communicator
- Experience in addressing complex issues and structuring content accordingly
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Committed to exceptional output
- Willing to travel, as needed, and work across multiple timezones
- 10+ years of experience in technical writing, including team leadership
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.