Freelance UX Writer at Betterment
Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Betterment! We are all finding ourselves in an uncertain environment given the ongoing developments with Coronavirus (COVID-19). As you know, Betterment’s mission is to empower people to make the most of their money so they can live better, and we maintain that steadfast commitment regardless of market conditions.
We are hiring slowly but thoughtfully at this time. We will be reviewing all applications for each open role on a weekly basis through June, 2020. Given this shift in hiring pace, you may not hear back from us for a few weeks. If your application seems like a good fit for this position, we will contact you in order to schedule a phone interview.About the right team member:
We’re looking for a stellar Freelance UX Writer who can help us create clear, concise, on-brand experiences across web and in-app.
You’re the sort of person who notices when an error message is both direct and delightful. You have an opinion on the Oxford comma (whether you love it or hate it). You’ll fight for the word of your choice, yet know when good is good enough. You believe that working in a regulated industry isn’t a chore but an exciting challenge. You’re excited to work on a product built to make people’s lives better through smart money management.
Note: This is a freelance, onsite role located in our HQ in NYC.At Betterment you will get to:
- Ask questions, cast a critical eye, and ultimately deliver solutions that create a cohesive product and brand ecosystem through clear and concise user-centric copy
- Partner with Design, Product, Engineering, and Creative to deliver a compelling user experience, utilizing testing and iteration to discover new solutions and improve on old ones
- Bring our brand voice to life in the product interface, injecting personality and moments of delight
- Work with people who care. We're passionate about building the most loved financial services company of a generation. You'll be a part of that as you help shape our product experience
- 5+ years of experience in UX/product writing or editing for web and mobile. Performance marketing or brand experience is an added bonus
- Innate curiosity for how people think and how best to drive them to action and understanding
- The ability to explain complex concepts in a brief, intuitive way that also adheres to voice and brand
- Understanding of how to use data to provide informed user insights and create a case for the best idea
- A stellar portfolio of work representing your voice, your ideas, and your abilities (even if it's not necessarily what your manager/client signed off on)
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.