Freelance Video Editor at Major League Baseball
Position Summary: MLB Network seeks a Freelance Video Editor with strong knowledge of and passion for baseball/hockey, as well as a proven level of expertise in live sports television production. The Freelance Editor will independently edit on assigned programming and assist in the management of the Highlight Group’s day-to-day production of assigned edited elements, including highlights, and assist in other assigned areas of production.
- Assist in the management of the Highlight Group’s day-to-day creation of daily production elements, including post-produced shows, montages and teases, to be produced and edited by designated Production Edit personnel.
- Independently edit and produce high-end daily, weekly and monthly show elements as assigned.
- Independently edit and produce high-level post-produced shows as assigned.
- Supervise the creation of sales elements and post-produced shows to ensure production standards and client expectations are met.
- Interface with Master Control to help ensure proper delivery of post-produced shows for air.
- When delegated to, serve as a point-person for Production and provide required information and insight to other departments when needed; act as a representative of the Production Edit department for assigned matters.
- Assist in the training and supervision of assigned Edit
- Provide feedback to Production department management regarding the selection and performance of Associate Producers and Broadcast Associates.
- Other such duties as assigned.
It is expected that the Freelance Video Editor will maintain and increase knowledge in the Production discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Skills & Experience: The ideal candidate must have most if not all of the following skills and experiences:
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of live sports television production experience is
- Must demonstrate a passion for and knowledge of baseball/hockey.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Superior knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite including Premiere Pro, After Effects & Photoshop.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and an ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the tact, diplomacy, decisiveness, and superior people skills required in a pressurized live television
- The ability to effectively take on leadership roles in various functions is required.
- Ability to lift up to 15
- Possess visual acuity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess manual dexterity sufficient to perform required tasks.
- Possess a level of hearing sufficient for effective interaction with stakeholders by various means, including in-person, via phone, etc.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Communications, Broadcast Journalism or related major is highly preferred.