Hair & Makeup Artist
NowThis is looking for a Hair & Make-up artist based in NY for a daily live morning news show. Working with the #1 video news brand on the social web, you will help on-air talent look their best when appearing on TV or in front of audiences. The artist will apply basic and complex techniques to ensure excellent visual results as well as applying creativity and dexterity in making people look great.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepare hair for styling by analyzing hair condition; shampooing and treating hair.
- Condition hair and scalp by applying treatments.
- Plan desired effect by studying facial features; examining potential styles; conferring with customer; making recommendations.
- Produce desired effect by arranging, shaping, and curling cutting, trimming, setting, bleaching, dyeing, and tinting hair.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards.
- Provide clients with a variety of looks, giving them different options to choose from. These include photos, visuals, and model appearances.
- Take measures to prevent harmful side effects as a result of using advanced makeup items on clients, to avoid damage.
- Put clients’ safety into consideration in the discharge of duties by observing safety procedures and avoiding chemicals that have adverse effect on the skin.
- Ensure that all make up applied on clients blend with their skin tone, to make it more believable and fitting, to show expertise on the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization.
- Familiar with makeup and hair techniques for broadcast television.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and personable.
- Supply Management skills.
- Ability to analyze Information.
- Ability to build client relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong creativity and attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate professionalism and maintain confidentiality.
- Associates degree or training program in cosmetology. NY cosmetology license preferred.
- Make-up application and hair styling, 3+ years
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.