Head of Deposits Content Strategy
Bankrate.com's mission is to help people make smart personal finance decisions. To do that, the Product Content team is looking for a skilled, experienced editor who eats, sleeps, and breathes the world of banking deposits products and investments.
The Product Content team is a deep collaboration between product management, editorial, and search engine optimization experts working together to generate content initiatives that inform our readers and drive revenue. We're laser-focused on creating smart content that converts.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience writing and editing banking-centric content, with a deep understanding of Certificates of Deposit, Savings, and Money Market Accounts. A history of managing a team of writers is a must. All applicants must have a passion for research-driven content, Heafexceptional SEO experience, and a deep analytical bent.
Who you are:
- A subject matter expert around all things personal banking: Savings, Money Market, and Certificates of Deposit. You deeply understand the banking aspect of the business (why banks raise rates, how banks make money) in addition to the ways consumers interact with banks.
- A strategic thinker, able to understand Bankrate.com's business and create new initiatives to drive revenue through personal finance content.
- An experienced editor that is comfortable with maintaining content quality and ensuring accuracy in the complicated world of personal finance. Five to seven years of direct content experience in the world of personal banking products, such as CDs, Savings, and Money Market accounts, is a must.
- Fanatical about tracking and analyzing content performance, with experience with Google Analytics, Looker (or similar database visualization tools). You have direct experience building dashboards and making content decisions based on data.
- Extremely knowledgeable about search engine optimization, with many years of SEO expertise.
- Able to balance the need to inform our readers with the critical need to rank first through search and drive revenue.t
- A leader with terrific communication skills that can serve as an advocate for your team and is comfortable interacting with stakeholders and executives.
- Adept at complicated, data-heavy analysis.
What you'll be doing:
- Assigning, maintaining, and managing a deep backlog of rate-centric CD, Savings, and Money Market Account content.
- Working closely with the Director of Product and Head of Content to launch new projects and maniacally track performance.
- Directly managing a team of researchers and writers wholly focused on providing the most comprehensive, rate-driven personal banking information in the world.
Helping to create and then iterate a content strategy that helps our readers and drives revenue.