Head of Originals at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Develop and execute Skillshare’s Original content and programming strategy
- Utilize internal user behavior and external market data to draw key insights that inform the strategic direction of our content
- Oversee talent partnerships with a diverse array of thought leaders, icons, institutions, and companies at the forefront of their respective industries
- Oversee creative and editorial development of content, including pre-production and end to end post production
- Work with Marketing and Product teams to develop and maintain go-to market plans and distribution plans for Original content
- Collaborate with Marketing and Community teams to strategically expand our content in new and emerging categories
- Spearhead the expansion of our Original content into new formats as we scale
- Build team structure optimized for speed and innovation, with a strong focus on cross-functional collaboration and transparency
Why we're excited about you:
- You have proven experience leading content development and programming at a major media, digital media or OTT service
- You’re fluent in the creative and business sides of distributing and producing premium video content
- You're well-versed in the digital media landscape and have informed positions on trends, opportunities, and category direction
- You have a strong understanding of the nuances of user behavior, and innate ability to use data and trends to drive programming strategy
- You have a strong track record of implementing processes to improve results around content programming and partnership structures
- You’re a seasoned manager with team-building experience, and a track record of attracting and retaining great talent
- You’re a highly collaborative team player with consistent success in cross-functional organizational structures
- You’re a persuasive presenter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Content is at the heart of what we do at Skillshare and this role will have huge opportunity to shape our long-term strategy, while driving significant platform engagement and business growth.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.