Lead Videographer at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Lead Shoots for Success: Direct 1-2 camera operators in addition to operating your own camera, act as technical expert on-set—including lighting the scene and recording audio—and collaborate with on-set producer to capture content effectively.
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders: Collaborate with content producers to translate class vision to video, provide context to editors in post-production, and work with film production lead on shoot and gear logistics for each project.
- Be a Creative Leader for the Team: Lead the process for crafting the look and feel for individual projects, develop unique and innovative shot lists both in pre-production and during production, ideate ways to level-up our production value, and find new ways to capture Skillshare Originals.
Why we're excited about you:
- Proven track record creating digital video content in a collaborative environment for a platform, network, agency, or brand. Experience working with high level talent a plus.
- You have a keen sense of great storytelling—you know how to translate a vision into a written video treatment and bring it life using strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Deep expertise across digital cinema videography, lighting (especially interview lighting) and rigging, and audio recording for video.
- Experience with post-production, Sony’s FS cameras, and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: You'll be at the forefront of crafting compelling video content that impacts millions of users, worldwide.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.