Managing Editor at Policygenius
About the role...
The award-winning Policygenius Content Team is dedicated to producing innovative, best-in-class content that helps readers get the financial protection they need and feel good about it. The Homeowners Insurance Managing Editor will help build and edit our growing library of educational homeowners insurance content, leading a team of internal writers and working cross-functionally with Product and Marketing. This role will report to the Associate Director of SEO Content.
In this role, you will...
- With the Associate Director of SEO Content, own the creation and optimization of the best homeowners insurance content on the internet
- Manage a growing team of writers and editors, setting the editorial calendar to plan, assign, and edit multiple pages per week
- Oversee day-to-day content production along with bigger-swing projects like data-driven stories
- Work with our internal SEO and Product teams to drive our strategy for growing organic traffic and turning readers into shoppers
- Use data to track metrics, report on performance to the broader company, and make informed decisions about content strategy
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 4+ years experience managing staff for a digital publication, adhering to an editorial calendar and assigning, writing and editing stories
- You have a passion for making financial protection information accessible, easy to digest and even (gasp!) fun to read — you’d be comfortable giving advice to your friends and family
- You’re a thoughtful manager with a history of helping mentor, motivate and provide pathways for growth for your team
- You’re familiar with SEO best practices as they pertain to content
- You’ve got analytical and editorial sensibilities — you nerd out on your research but make your writing simple and clear
- You’re collaborative, diplomatic and humble, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!