Managing Editor/Writer (Content Marketing)
Squarespace’s Content Marketing team is in the midst of an exciting period of growth. We are looking for a sharp, seasoned, hard-working Managing Editor/writer to lead day-to-day publishing operations. In this role, you’ll oversee the strategy, creation and amplification of branded content including articles, seasonal narratives and customer success stories, with an editorial approach that is grounded in taking users along the customer journey. The right candidate is a writing and storytelling pro with editorial project management skills, critical thinking, and a keen understanding of how to develop an audience and drive action aligned to business goals.
Our product serves a wide variety of users, ranging from small business owners to artists and students. As such, you’ll contribute strategic content to a range of briefs and help in the creation of insights-driven long and short-form digital content that is universally original, authentic, informative, and of course, SEO friendly. This role reports into the Director of Brand, Partnerships, and Content.
- Lead the content development process from brief to execution, collaborating with stakeholders across the Marketing and Creative teams.
- Maintain the editorial calendar and liaise with stakeholders to ensure holistic messaging alignment across the business and steady publishing cadence yearlong.
- Write engaging content in the Squarespace tone of voice that demonstrates an understanding of our audience and what they need to be successful.
- Shepard editorial through an approval process that includes multiple stakeholders, working hand-in-hand with SQSP’s internal Content Studio and leveraging an internal and external contributor network of writers and creators.
- Ability to collapse content to have saliency across social and owned brand channels, with fluency in publishing and online discovery tools aimed to drive consumption and shareability.
- Leverage holistic understanding of Squarespace’s market position and product portfolio.
- Shape the future state of Squarespace as a leading content brand.
- You have 6+ years experience in content creation across multiple formats, including how-to content, video scripts, articles, web/digital marketing copy and long-form pieces like features, guides and whitepapers.
- You have exceptional editorial skills: a keen understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives in different content formats, guide contributors, and keep creative work streams on track.
- You have experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware or software. Digital agency experience or journalism experience also preferred.
- You have a proven track record leading a content operation, end-to-end, and month to month.
- You make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals.
- You can concept how one idea can translate across multiple channels and formats.
- You collaborate well and bring a positive energy to the team.
- You are well-versed in publishing content in a CMS.
- You have effectively leveraged third-party sites, skill learning platforms, communities, etc. to engage audiences via contextually relevant content integrations.
- You welcome feedback, can easily revise content based on stakeholder feedback, are accustomed to speed, and motivated by a fast paced and high performing team.
- You possess a journalistic eye and process to evaluate what makes a story a story.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.