Media Developer (Remote) | Noodle Partners
About Noodle Partners
Ten years ago, the Noodle Partners team helped invent online education. Ten years is an eternity in a tech-driven field, so now we’re re-reinventing how higher ed happens online. Measured against traditional Online Program Managers (OPMs), Noodle Partners brings programs online less expensively, with greater agility and in better alignment with universities’ goals.
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 30% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched every semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach. Noodle Partners helps them reimagine what online learning can be.
- Competitive salary, 401K offering, and bonus plan
- Mac or PC? You decide
- Our insurance offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Subsidized gym membership at the New York Health & Racquet Club to help you stay active
- Yearly education stipend for lifelong learning
Transforming a course into an interactive, engaging online experience is challenging. Making it an exceptional learning experience, even more so. As a Media Developer for Noodle Partners, you will work as part of the learning design team to do just that!
You’ll be partnered with a Learning Designer and university faculty to transform their course into an exceptional online experience.. As a Media Developer, you’ll translate learning objectives into truly interactive learning experiences (video, interactives, simulations, etc). In this position, you’ll:
- apply appropriate pedagogy and learning science to the media experience you develop;
- find opportunities for creativity, wonder and joy, for both the faculty and the student, in each asset you build;
- collaborate with the production team such that your media, interactives and simulations, are purposefully designed and completed on time; and
- ensure that the experience of working with you and the end results please the learning designer and the faculty member.
Media Associates report to the Director, Learning and Development.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Media Associate will:
- Revolutionize Online Learning: manage and execute pre and post production work relating to the development of media assets (Video, Interactives, Simulations) for university courses. This includes, but is not limited to, storyboard development, script writing, filming, audio recording, post production editing, etc. The Media Associate may or may not be responsible for actual filming, depending on the capacity of the campus with which we are working.
- Bring an eye for efficiency: Analyze the media development process and push to make it more efficient each time
- Insist on excellence: We aren’t building every day courses; we’re transforming what it means to learn online. You need to have an eye for excellence and an exceptionally high bar.
- Be a Team Player: Engage with your design team to debate and ultimately produce a world class learning experience.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated experience demanding (and then creating) excellence in online media design and delivery, improving the aesthetic, and transforming the ordinary into an elegant, seamless experience, preferably for higher ed graduate level courses.
- Familiarity with SCORM, graphics and/or web design, and development skills using various tools/software (Articulate, Adobe Captivate, or similar);
- Familiarity using audio and visual editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia, Audacity, etc.).
- Basic competency with contemporary videography.
- Familiarity with effective use of AR for remote-based learners is a plus, but not required.
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to engage and partner with faculty ranging from the most enthusiastic and inexperienced to the most skeptical and exceptionally skilled.
- Excitement and creativity about the potential of online learning
Knowledge of adult learning theory and principles of effective online pedagogy
- The ability to master new learning management systems and technology tools quickly
- Knowledge of a variety of evidence-based instructional strategies that promote student engagement and learning
- Creativity, and an aesthetic eye -- we are redefining what excellence in online learning looks like, to build effective paths to learning that no one has seen before
- The ability to assess situations to determine effective learning strategies
- Accountability and a results-driven attitude
- Professionalism and the ability to delight higher education faculty
- A can-do attitude ‒ this is a start-up, which means you must be able to embrace uncertainty with poise
- A team mentality ‒ as a key member of Noodle Partners team, you’ve got to put the needs of the team first, at every turn
- A customer service-focused mindset
Please apply for this position if you feel that you meet these qualifications!