Photo Coordinator at Squarespace
Squarespace is guided by great design in everything we do, and we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are looking for a Photo Coordinator to work with our Staff Photographer. You will manage all studio equipment/gear, assisting on set, and work with our creative, production, and post-production teams.
You are passionate about photography and design, have elevated taste, and understand how a shoot functions and are excited to learn more about the photography world. You'll have constant interaction with the Content team and the larger Creative team.
You will report to the Staff Photographer and is based in our New York headquarters.
- Manage and expand our in-house studio. Maintain an organizational system for equipment including identification and maintenance of broken gear.
- Assist Staff Photographer before, during, and after shoots with prep, lighting, grip and camera work.
- Work with photographer and producers to determine multiple shoot logistics from pre-production through post-production.
- Work with retouchers during down-time to hone retouching skills.
- Occasionally work early, after-hours, and on weekends when needed (this role is eligible for overtime).
- 2+ years of relevant internship or working experience in photography/content production.
- Passionate about photography and developing as a photographer. Knowledge of modern artists, photographers, and designers working in the medium
- Proficiency in photography and awareness of photo and retouching trends.
- Familiarity with Profoto lighting system, digital and film camera systems, and professional grip and modifiers.
- Proficient in Capture One Pro and Photoshop. Animation or editing experience is a bonus.
- Interest in learning more about retouching, compositing, and color correcting.
- Valid US driver’s license is required for certain production-related driving tasks and is comfortable driving a box truck.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.