Grailed and Heroine are curated e-commerce marketplaces for men’s and women’s luxury fashion. Our community driven marketplaces are built for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. Our goal is to provide an interactive and educational meeting ground where fashion enthusiasts can buy and sell their unique pieces.
Our team prides itself on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do. We're constantly looking for chances to create a more inclusive, fun, collaborative, and effective work environment.
As the Photographer / Editor, you will help develop, lead and implement all photography efforts for Grailed, creating best-in-class images and delivering photo at scale for the organization. You will interface virtually all user facing departments: Merchandising, Consignment, Content, Brand Activations, Retention, Social and Design, impacting all of Grailed’s consumer facing touch points, from content, activations, communications and the site itself.
You should be artistic, technically proficient, creative and undeterred by roadblocks, versed in both historical and current photographic trends and movements. There is no other functional expertise that will have a more immediate impact on building the brand equity.
As the Photographer and Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Ideation & Art Direction — Develop, formalize, and communicate the brand visual POV.
- Work with the Creative Director to develop and conceptualize photo and art direction for all brand assets (both evergreen and campaign/project-specific).
- Define, formalize, and document a consistent Grailed photography style and quality standards that can be reproduced by other team members.
- Photo Execution — Cover off on the (increasing) photo needs across the org
- Activations & Partnerships
- Content & Social
- Product/Site Imagery
- Execute / manage all editorial and product photography for the following departments (RACI matrix will vary):
- Improve the qualitative output of Grailed Photo and advocate and strengthen brand equity.
- Process Management & Training — Disseminate best practices & functional knowledge, implement workflow process improvements.
- Create and implement a repeatable, scalable photo process with a focus on thoughtful documentation.
- Train external teams/additional in-house personnel to shoot/edit product photo for consignment.
- Hire/manage any freelance photo or video personnel to scale up capacity/foster new talent.
- Maintain and manage all photo and lighting equipment necessary for fully operational content studio.
The following might describe you:
- 5+ Years working in a professional photography department or environment.
- Strong Website or Portfolio showcasing at least 5 significant Clients or Projects.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent degree.
- Well versed in and opinionated about historical and emerging photo techniques, trends, and photographers.
- Expert command of the Tools: Lightroom, Photoshop, Bridge, Capture One, etc.
- Highly collaborative, low-ego
- Self motivated, independent worker
- Process oriented with attention to detail
- Creative, conceptual thought partner
Grailed launched in 2014 and has become one of the premier online marketplaces to find great men's clothing. Our sister site, Heroine, launched in 2017 and is quickly following suit.
We offer competitive salaries, stock options, health insurance with 100% premium covered, a 401(k) plan, generous vacation, and commuter benefits. We have a healthy work-life balance and a fantastic working environment. Grailed is located in SoHo and walking distance from N/Q/R, 4/6, A/C/E, and B/D/F/M trains.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.