NowThis is looking for a Production Assistant based in NY for a daily live morning news show. Working with the #1 video news brand on the social web, you’ll be working with a highly motivated production team on all aspects of live and field production. The Production Assistant must be strongly committed to journalism and social video creation. In this role, you will be mainly responsible for assisting the production team with the production calendar and logistics surrounding daily live morning news show. The right person will have demonstrable experience excelling in a team environment, working on multiple projects at once all while staying organized. This role will report to the Senior Producer.
- Assist production team on all areas of pre and post production
- Running scripts and rundowns before live studio production
- Assist with booking guests as requested
- Greet guests and coordinate green room traffic
- Research story ideas, log interviews, and gather footage
- Create clips and edit on Adobe Premiere
- Assist in creating and maintaining editorial and production calendars
- Understand the design and makeup of the directors visual requirements
- Must have 2 years experience of google office drive.
- At least 2 years experience in large scale projects within media production
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfort in working with an email driven workforce
- Professional demeanor and comfort in speaking to high level team members
- Must be able to create editorial calendar and reports
- Strong research skills
- Thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify