Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices in Austin, Denver and Atlanta, Orchard has over 200 employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Senior Copywriter to help craft our entire copywriting practice. You’ll flex those finger muscles to explain and amplify the story of Orchard by expertly navigating rocky real estate waters and speaking with our customers using relatable, friendly and engaging language. You should be comfortable and confident in your writing, enjoy the collaboration process, have a great mix of judgment, creative thinking, and a growth-mindset. Whether it’s developing a concept for a TV script or simplifying copy across the digital experience, you feel comfortable flexing across a wide range of channels.
This is a full time role that will report into the Director of Brand Design and be based out of our growing New York City office.
What You’ll Do Here
- Craft engaging and compelling copy across a wide range of company projects (campaign creative, product marketing materials, video scripts, landing pages, blog posts and more).
- Establish a consistent brand voice that extends to all products/services, features, and marketing communications.
- Create and upkeep a messaging playbook that establishes principles for how to apply the brand voice and tone across a variety of channels.
- Work to know our customers inside and out, and leveraging user research to drive continuous improvements on positioning and messaging for all customer segments.
- Work with Growth & Product teams to design copy tests and iteratively test and optimize messaging on landing pages, campaigns, and other touch points across the customer journey.
- Collaborate closely with Design to conceptualize your copy within a visual framework.
- Find appropriate tone and balance—at times leaning into business performance and others leaning into brand.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have
- 5+ years experience shaping copy and content at both a brand and campaign level.
- Experience working across all channels of a brand to build one unified brand voice.
- The ability to prioritize your work and communicate priorities to all stakeholders.
- A strong understanding of audience needs and mindset.
- The willingness and ability to handle multiple projects.
- The ability to self-manage a calendar of copy requests and deadlines.
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.