Senior Copywriter at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
What you’ll do:
As we continue to build out our in-house creative shop, we’re looking for an experienced senior copywriter to join the team. Our ideal candidate is conceptual, collaborative, and most of all curious — with plenty of experience building out thoughtful, impactful messaging for high-profile digital campaigns. Sound like you? Read on for the rest of the details.
- Work hand in hand with the art team to craft creative, thought-provoking concepts for 360º global advertising campaigns
- Develop copy and maintain voice across a wide range of deliverables, including print and digital ad campaigns, web pages, brochures, events, case studies, video, and more
- Work with brand and creative development teams — as well as other stakeholders — to translate our brand proposition into a cohesive and impactful voice
- Write engaging marketing emails, including for global campaigns, events, newsletters, and recruitment teams
- Present to C-suite and senior leadership, providing rationale for copy, concept, and campaign strategy
- Participate in brand development creative strategy meetings and weekly creative reviews
Who you are:
- 6 to 8 years of experience writing copy for agencies, brands, or in-house marketing teams
- B2B and tech experience strongly preferred
- Proven ability to make complex concepts relatable and easily understandable for any audience; translating our offering into human terms is a big part of the job, and your ability to that will be paramount to your success in this role
- A portfolio of creative, relevant work demonstrating the ability to think conceptually and bring ideas to life in creative, inventive ways
- Experience concepting across a multitude of digital channels, including display, video, and audio
- A natural curiosity to learn about and understand new technologies and concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in English, advertising, journalism, communications, creative writing or a related field
- Ability to collaborate and take direction from campaign stakeholders
- Extremely well-organized, with excellent time management skills — able to work under tight deadlines when needed
- History of crafting copy that leads to customer acquisition and engagement — tailored to varying audience segments and stages of the marketing funnel
- Ability to work with colleagues in different countries and understand cultural differences
- Keeps up with current trends and insights
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.