Senior Photo & Video Content Producer, Creative
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a creative, extremely proactive and organized Senior Producer, Creative to be apart of the end-to-end execution of Rent the Runway’s multi-faceted creative production team -- with an emphasis on the production of photo/video assets for use across our various channels (e-commerce platform, mobile app/desktop experiences, retail, paid social, organic social, internal initiatives, etc). This is a highly cross-functional role that includes collaboration with internal teams and external partners, as well as driving progress and timely delivery of assets for both.
Ideal candidates are highly passionate for photography, video, and the creativity involved in putting together the puzzle that is a successful production for the channels outlined above. You have strong relationships with a network of photographers, videographers and talent agents that you are ready to call on. You have an eye for good creative and a pulse on trends within the fashion/e-commerce industry. Most importantly, you possess a strong knowledge of best practices and trends in Production from your experience and are able to apply them using intuition.
In this role, your ability to help motivate, oversee and execute projects within tight timelines is a must. This position requires a confident personality, and someone who is able to adapt and promote a happy work environment. You are energetic, organized and exceedingly calm under pressure.
You must have ample experience with & confidence overseeing complicated productions autonomously within tight budget constraints and constantly changing overall production and shoot schedules. Finally, you are interested in contributing to the improved overall effectiveness of Production at Rent The Runway, and working with cross-functional partners to underscore best practices and iterate over time to improve the start to finish process.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with a team of full-time producers and freelance crew (photographers, videographers, video editors and production partners)
- Manage all communication, timelines, budgets, check-ins/meetings associated with photo/video productions
- Contribute to the creative process by assessing the feasibility of proposed creative, recommending approaches and having ownership over the quality of the final product
- Stay current on technical information to help find the best and most efficient ways to manage a project
- Collaborate across the Creative, Marketing, and Styling teams to ensure seamless end-to-end execution of e-commerce product launches and creative marketing campaigns, from kick-off to post-mortem
- Oversee timeline, shot list integrity, studio, crew, and talent needs allowing art director and other creators to focus on execution of content including the day of shoot, ensuring all necessary elements are going according to plan
- Drive efficiencies, identify and resolve challenges in the workflow and improve execution of production processes through solution-oriented thinking
- Support manager and team with e-commerce and editorial production budget; financial tracking by invoicing, reconciling expenses, tracking and communicating budget spends, while always proactively seeking cost savings
- Oversee casting for all photo shoots across the Rent the Runway brand
- Source talent (traditional and RTR customers), manage bookings, negotiate usage and costs across photographers, stylists, video editors, hair and make-up artists, and studios within tight budget constraints and constantly changing overall production and shoot schedules
- Maintain a positive work environment with high creative standards
- Encourage and innovate new ideas to provide the highest possible quality creative output for the brand
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (start-up and/or agency environment experience a plus)
- Ability to work well independently but know when to escalate
- Ability to shift gears comfortably, be flexible with work schedule and be at ease managing various deliverable deadlines
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and planning skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills a must, with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow-through
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (i.e. marketing & digital, in particular)
- Ability to set expectations and effectively communicate with leadership and internal stakeholders
- Photo and video production background, deep familiarity with content production across digital/social media platforms
- Must be proactive with strong initiative, able to anticipate needs and adapt to situations as they arise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven experience building long-term, productive relationships with peers and candidates
- An established network of creative services (photographers, videographers/editors, makeup artists, stylists, etc).
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Must be a team player with strong analytical, negotiation and communication skills
- A creative aptitude & appreciation with a strong grasp of the Rent the Runway brand
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with task/timeline management tools a plus: Asana, JIRA, etc.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!