Thrillist means fun. We're eaters, drinkers, travelers, and doers. We serve the curious and believe that new experiences are what drive the richest lives. We bring our passion, expertise, and taste to bear on the things that are truly worth your time and money. Life is for living, and that’s why we’re here. Today will be great.
Thrillist is seeking a wildly creative Shooter/Editor for our growing Video team based in New York City. In this role, you’ll help shoot all manner of compelling videos including short-form stories for Facebook, short-to-mid-form Youtube, and many other established and emerging platforms and styles. The ideal candidate is immersed in the knowledge of shooting food, through understanding of video editing techniques, and comes in with a working knowledge of how to create top-notch, social-first videos.
- Work alongside video producers, shooters, editors, and animators to create entertaining, shareable, and exciting short-to-mid-form content
- Shooting alongside a crew on field and studio productions
- Understanding of how to use cameras, lights, mics, and production equipment
- Ingesting cards and logging footage
- Editing content in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Immerse yourself in the data around the videos you and others -- both on the team and at other publishers -- are making, and use that as a guide to smart decision-making for future videos
- Participate in meetings and create a feedback loop with your Senior Editor, Producer, Senior Producer, and Audience Development team
- Master the Thrillist voice and tone, and infuse all videos with the feeling of fun that we stand for
- Do thorough and flawless shooting and editing in production
- 1-3 years of relevant shooting and editing experience at a digital media company or equivalent
- An expert at non-linear editing with expertise in Adobe Premiere
- Possess exceptional communication, creative, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Canon 5D, Canon C100, and Sony A7s are a plus.
- Works well in a team, as well as on your own
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once
- Deep understanding of the Thrillist brand and lifestyle, and an accompanying passion for food, drink, entertainment, and travel
- Open to constructive criticism from peers and strive to make best-in-class content
- Familiar with operating cameras, lighting, and production equipment
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially After Effects, Adobe CC, and color correction
About Group Nine:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.