BuzzFeed is looking for a project-based Social Video Producer to join our social video team in Los Angeles or New York City. The Social Video Producer will work with the social video team to find and edit light-weight, short-form content for Facebook and Instagram, as well as collaborate to adapt social content for other platforms like YouTube. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, epically curious, highly adaptable, and able to juggle multiple projects at once with an eye for excellent social content.
- Produce 4-6 videos a week
- Harvest user generated content from social media platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Reddit and YouTube
- Secure and track content permission
- Identify and signal emerging trends to the social video team
- Work with strategists to prioritize time-sensitive projects so they are optimized for success
- Quickly iterate off of successful/trending content
- Ability to identify content that represents marginalized voices and communities
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Extremely knowledgeable about TikTok and Instagram
- Interest in social platforms and data
- Comfortable working in After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Ability to work independently and under close direction
- Experienced in deadline-driven environment and internet video
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We’d also like you to share 2-3 BuzzFeed videos that performed well on our Facebook pages within the last year, and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of work you’ve produced.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.